ORBCOMM devices are optimized to provide near real-time, remote vessel tracking, monitoring and control for commercial fishing boats, merchant marine fleets as well as ocean buoys travelling global waters.
Through its versatile suite of programmable satellite and dual-mode devices, ORBCOMM enables commercial fleets of any size to maintain vital data communications links with home ports, no matter where they are on the world’s oceans.
Vessel tracking systems also improve maritime security and fuel efficiency while cost-efficiently ensuring regulatory compliance.
Enhance Maritime Safety and Guide Rescue Operations
- Improve crew safety with panic buttons linked to shore systems to identify maritime emergencies and guide rescue operations.
- Send real-time weather and safety alerts to crews at sea.
- Track vessel location to comply with Long Range Identification and Tracking (LRIT) and Ship Security Alert Service (SSAS) regulations.
Simplify Vessel Monitoring System (VMS) Deployment
- Accelerate time to market and reduce integration costs with a pre-certified VMS kit.
- Reduce total cost of ownership with cost-effective hardware, network services and professional support.
- Ensure compliance with existing fisheries regulations. Send required forms, logs, and files from a vessel to port authorities.
Reduce Vessel Fuel Costs and Monitor Engine Performance
- Optimize fuel consumption and reduce costs by monitoring vessel fuel sensors in near real-time.
- Collect vessel engine performance data and ensure fleets are always operating at their best.
- Seamlessly integrate vessel tracking devices into existing fuel monitoring solutions.
Monitor Vessel Performance and Reduce Paperwork
- Ensure all vessels are working at peak efficiency at all times through continuous monitoring of vessel performance data.
- Reduce paperwork with direct connections to onboard IT systems, telemetry reports, and information gathered on vessels.
- Transmit catch reports, fishing forms, e-mails and more with shore systems in near real-time.