Fleet managers know they can’t afford to lose touch with trailers in transit or in the yard. Smart trailer tracking solutions reduce costs and improve trailer-to-tractor ratio while increasing capacity and visibility.
Trailer tracking solutions from ORBCOMM provide the global visibility needed to allow fleet managers to optimize utilization, reduce fuel costs, improve preventative maintenance, and more. That’s why top companies trust ORBCOMM for reliable and cost-effective trailer tracking.
Optimize Utilization and Gain Complete Trailer Visibility
- Gain visibility of your entire fleet with two-way communications. Cost-effectively transmit as often as you need to.
- Reduce dwell times and improve tractor-to-trailer ratio with telematics systems to ensure maximum trailer utilization.
Reduce Fuel Costs and Cycle Times
- Track changes in fuel levels, detect theft and rapid fuel loss by reading sensor data.
- Compare invoices with refuel events. Analyze fuel usage by customer, location and order number to further reduce fuel costs.
Improve Preventative Maintenance
- Reduce maintenance costs by using ruggedized, solar-powered devices that don’t require disruptive and frequent battery changes.
- Increase efficiency by proactively scheduling preventative trailer maintenance.
- Track miles driven and engine hours in real time to monitor if a trailer is over/underutilized.
Help Prevent Trailer Theft and Unauthorized Use
- Use geofences to track location of trailer inventory.
- Receive alerts when trailer doors open outside set parameters, and use sensors to detect fuel theft.