Buoy Monitoring and Tracking
Ocean buoys are the eyes and ears of longline fishing vessels and purse seiners. ORBCOMM devices are designed specifically for buoy tracking, providing effective and efficient communications between all sea-going vessels and maritime buoys in some of the most remote areas of the world.
Buoy tracking solutions based on ORBCOMM technology and seamless network service coverage across five oceans have long been used as Fish Aggregating Devices (FAD) and are the optimal method to track oil spills and transmit environmental data at sea.
Track Buoys for Optimized Fishing and Fuel Consumption
- Optimize fishing operations by tracking the location of Fish Aggregating Devices
- Reduce fuel consumption by tracking the location of fishing buoys for long periods of time.
Locate Buoy Position and Transmit Environmental Data
- Track buoys to obtain their immediate GPS location.
- Send oil spill, water temperature, weather, ocean pattern, circulation and coastline change data from environmental buoys.
Monitor Buoys Remotely for Efficient Reporting
- Flag out-of-the-ordinary events through exception-based reporting.
- Change reporting frequency or turn sensors on or off with over-the-air commands.