Fixed Equipment Monitoring and Control
Oil and gas companies need to ensure continuous operation of critical equipment, no matter how remote. This means knowing the current status of equipment and identifying problems as they occur, without the costs of sending field workers to remote oil and gas sites.
ORBCOMM’s reliable networks and devices help oil and gas companies enhance digital oilfield initiatives for improved operations, reduced operating costs and increased profits.
Gain Complete Visibility of Oil and Gas Equipment
- Monitor remote field equipment and sensors used in oil and gas exploration and production. Collect and analyze data locally.
- Maintain near-real time visibility of flow meter, pressure and temperature readings, using Modbus and other protocols.
- Open and close valves from a control center without on-site intervention.
- Monitor tanks to avoid costly leaks and spills by remotely controlling tank levels.
- Remotely monitor production wellhead compressors to avoid downtime and ensure peak efficiency.
- Monitor the bearing temperature of pumps to ensure proper operation.
- Track location and pitch and roll of cold-stacked Mobile Offshore Drilling Units (MODUs).
Minimize Site Visits
- Enable transmission of periodic, event-based reports on equipment status, operating parameters, flow rate and more, without sending workers to the field.
- Control flow meters and tank levels remotely to streamline empty-refill schedules.
Reduce Costs and Increase Operational Efficiency
- Reduce airtime costs by sending only relevant data over-the-air.
- Increase operational efficiency by eliminating multiple network devices that must be configured and maintained.
- Transform a satellite-enabled device into a low-cost Remote Terminal Unit (RTU).